Thursday 15 September 2011

NYC Fashion Week: Wednesday 14th September

NYC Fashion week is almost over, but I am entirely looking forward to Londons week of glory. London is always one of my favourite, because I think theres more rock and roll and edgy style to the London collections. However, is still one day of NYC left to go and I have yesterdays collections to report on.




Anna Sui always brings this exotic oriental vibe to her collections, but manages to do it without alluding too much to direct details. She is another like Furstenberg to be noted for her amazing use of prints. I think she really works well with colour too. Royal purple with warm reds and monotones were key to this collection and gave the garments a very classic and expensive look.




I think what makes Michael Kors so great is that you always know his collection is going to appeal to a wide variety of people. His designs are high fashion, but are commerically wearable and many high street stores can directly use inspiration from him with ease. This year, Kors is inspired by Africa and tribal culture, which seems to be a large theme at NYC Fashion week. There were lots of animal and tie dye prints in this collection, but rich in design.




Again with white being a strong theme, J Mendel had some very classic pieces. I like how there was a contrast fabric in a lot of the pieces, against the white. Some of it would be a block colour and some patterned, which I think gave the white more of a dramatic impact. There were some gorgeous details in the pieces, particularly shirts and fitted maxi dresses.



With me loving my edgy garments, I decided to include these Wayne dresses too. Theres a lot of this kind of style dress I've seen so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment