Friday 16 September 2011

NYC Fashion Week: Thursday 15th September

Last day of NYC Fashion week and though I loved it, I'm totally excited about London's time! I wish I could be there right now rather than stuck at this desk. I would even brave the rubbish weather for that.
The final days collections didn't have as many to choose from, but I have to mention Marc Jacobs first.

I wasn't too impressed by Marc's other collection which I found quite boring. This one was glamorous but with so many casual twists to it too. I am waiting to see this collection appear on a future episode of Gossip Girl as many of his pieces do.




There was just such a mix of decades going on in this collection, from 1960s shift dresses to the glamour of the 1930s in details then track jackets and preppy looks from the 1990s. It just shows you can have more than one influence from the past and still create a cohesive collection.




I'm not going to lie, I'd never heard of Threeasfour before. People get shocked in fashion if you haven't heard of someone, but the truth is you really just can't keep up. But this brand is one I will be watching out for in the future. Again there is this idea of (Not sure how to explain this!) the mixed fabric kind of blocking dress which I am falling in love with as you will see by my other blog entries.





As usual, L'wren Scott makes pretty clothes with a rock chick twist to them, which is what I love about her. I have loved her ever since I saw an interview with her in a fashion magazine a few years back. The finale dress in this collection is stunning and I think Rachel Zoe should seriously think about stealing it on her hunt for Oscar gowns. It would be perfect on one of her clients like Kate Hudson.

NYC Fashion Week: Complete. Bring on Londdddddddon

No comments:

Post a Comment