Sunday 18 September 2011

London Fashion Week: Saturday 17th September



Fashion Fringe always showcases some great talents and I am glad that the winning spot this year went to Fyodor Golan. Their collection was definitely the most interesting and adventurous of the three designers. Of course none of the collections were really that wearable, but fashion isn't always about that. Being a high street designer, I like to take influence from these pieces and try and look at ways to put it into a commercial context.




Vivienne Westwood was pretty much the designer that got me seriously wanting to do fashion. I loved her for changing the perception of the industry way back in the day and for being so daring and outrageous. Nowadays, Viv is surrounded by those who aren't afraid to put their clothes into a 'performance'. But she will always be the one who started it and I still highly value her design work.


Mr Henry Holland has also never been afraid to have a dramatic impact. The pieces of his though can easily be put into commercial production and been worn by every day individuals. Of course they'd have to be very youthful and vibrant to enjoy the style. I like the fun and quirkiness of House of Holland and thats why he is included as the third designer in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment