Tuesday 27 September 2011

Milan Fashion Week: Monday 26th September

There were only four collections that were presented yesterday and without a doubt, my favourite was the Giorgio Armani. After being impressed by the sci fi like structures of the Emporio Armani collection, this bought yet another completely different look. It reminded me of glamorous women under moonlight, at some exclusive party. Lots of shine was used in the materials and yet refrained from being tacky. 





Surprisingly, it was Gianfranco ferre that was my next favourite of the day. There was something really androgynous about this collections.  White shirts were manipulated into new shapes, with high waisted tailored trousers and dresses reworked into powerful shape. Again, the black and white theme was dominant. 




If I had to pick a third collection of the four, it would then have to be the Roberto Cavalli one. There were some looks in there that yeah, I did think were gorgeous and loved but I couldn't help thinking at some points that there was way too much glitz and gold making some pieces seem slightly tacky. 




No comments:

Post a Comment