Monday 12 September 2011

New York Fashion Week: Saturday 10th September

It is always so hard to keep up with Fashion week as there's so many shows I love and I can't blog about all of them because I simply don't have the time with work. I try to select three or four each day, but that's not to say that there weren't other amazing collections on each day.

Helmut Lang has to have a mention for the Saturday shows. Once again, edginess to the next level but with a strong sophistication was produced. I always love the new shapes that are seen at these shows and the strong ideas that are given.


This dress is one of my favourite designs I have seen so far!



Band of Outsiders always do something different that is worth noticing. Their subtle but delicate prints this season really caught my eye, especially in terms of their placements on garments



Then for a lot more bold style prints, Jill Stewart was one to watch out for.  My favourites were the ones using the candy pink and mint green colour schemes.  I thought they were beautiful.






Finally, I would also like to mention a designer I had never heard of before and that was Prabal Gurung. I liked the way the psychedellic prints were placed with sheer panels and embellishments to create unique looks.



Thats my round up for the events on Saturday. Look out for a blog entry for yesterdays shows coming up pretty soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment