Wednesday 14 September 2011

NYC Fashion Week: Monday 12th September



I  was excited to see Rachel Zoe's collection , after seeing her A/W 11 and being very impressed. I love her show, which I watch religiously so It would kinda be a sin not to include her in my round up of shows from Monday. Delicate sheers and silks contrasted with some bright and bold patterns were what this collection was about. Of course there was a vintage feel as she is often inspired by her own vintage pieces. Again, another successful collection for Rachel.





 I chose Donna Karan for her Tribal inspired patterns and colour blocking. I thought it was effective and a lot more trendy compared to some of her other collections. The top dress is absolutely one of my favourites and I'd wear it in a heart beat.




The final designer I picked from Monday in New York was Rebecca Minkoff. Their is such a strong sophistication but it remains youthful and fun due to the bright pops of colour with delicate pieces. Each piece could easily translate into a retail scenario which is what makes the collection so good.

Look out for Tuesdays review soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment