Thursday 22 September 2011

Milan Fashion Week: Wednesday 21st September

Oh my god. I only have one word for this day and that is 'Gucci'. I absolutely loved the Gucci show though some of the team I work with thought it was boring and more of a A/W collection. Gucci are always just so luxurious and classic glamour.  Gold and black were the key colours and I think this is always a great combination if you want something to look expensive.




Someone please treat me to Gucci and I'd be eternally grateful. I always love their dresses and there were a lot of jackets in this collection in metallic styles.  The pieces were definitely influenced by art deco and the 1920s. A lot of people are doing the 1920s/1930s look and Gucci are amongst them that are doing in incredibly well.

There weren't many shows on this day in Milan but another one I liked was the Francesco Scognamiglio show.




This collection was obvious again inspired by the Italian woman and luxurious fabrics such as lace and silks. This were then experimented with to come up with some quite Avant Garde shapes. I liked a majority of it; not quite Gucci but not many people can be Gucci.


Looking forward to writing tomorrow. There's going to be some BIG BIG names showing in Milan today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment