Tuesday 20 September 2011

London Fashion Week: Monday 19th September





By far one of my favourite collections of the season premiered yesterday. This was the SS12 collection of Christopher Kane. All the garments were just stunning and so beautifully made. My favourite pieces were the floral silk dresses you can see in the top two images. The colour palette was so soft and yet each garment had such a strong impact. The way the garments were cut too show such innovation and craft.




Erdem was another gorgeous collection but then they always put on such a pretty and beautiful show. Florals and sheers were used together a lot more this time than lace, which was the key focus of last time. They manage to put together the idea of a womans dream Summer wardrobe. In a way, its highly romantic.




When I saw the first pictures of Giles Deacons collection I didn't think I was going to like it. But then I began to see some of these really creatively cut metallic garments contrasted against bold brights and  started to fall in love. Then came these equally as aesthetically pleasing prints and I knew that it was a fine collection.



A.L.C did some nice casual pieces that are worth mentioning. I particularly love the mint green blazer contrasted against the leather skinny 3/4s. Not quite sure whats going on in the dress above it, but whatever it is I love what they've done.




I want to mention Burberry, even though it isn't one of my favourite collections that they've done. They always have some fantastic versions of their trench coat in there though which surprise you every time and I like how they bought a bit of the ethnic/boho theme into the collection.





Alice Temperley did not disappoint with a collection that mirrored a Grace Kelly wardrobe. I want it all. Probably wouldn't suit all of it, but a girl can dream !

No comments:

Post a Comment