Wednesday 21 September 2011

London Fashion Week: 20th September 2011

Well after today, LFW will all be over and we will be moving onto Milan. We will be expecting to see a lot more couture, avant garde and over the top but beautiful design. Yesterday, a few more designers took to the catwalk with some gorgeous collections.




David Koma was my favourite of the day I think and I was mesmerized by his designs. He too seems to have a tribal feel to his collection but hes not done it in an obvious way. Hes done it more in the way his clothing has been cut, layered and put together. I like how the colour scheme is monochromatic with a splash of exotic colour like aquamarine every now and again. The designs were very impressive and will definitely form some kind of inspiration to me for the future.




Mary Katrantzou was a collection you could not miss. It was loud, daring and high fashion with a quirkiness. Print and colour were key to the development of this collection and how each one worked with the shape of the garment. There were some great pieces which I probably wouldn't dare where myself but would make good editorial pieces for sure.




A collection I definitely would wear, however, is Twenty8Twelves. This collection was a lot more commercial and toned down and kind of made me jealous that I have red hair so can't get away with the bright red lipstick look. The pieces were fairly simple with an elegance about them that would definitely work for many occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment