Monday 12 September 2011

New York Fashion Week: Sunday 11th September

Of course today was to be remembered for something a lot more than the brilliant design work on New York Fashion Week. Many paused to spare a moment for those who lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks.  I did wonder if it was slightly distasteful to continue with fashion week on this day but I suppose many people have to continue with their day to day activity.

There were a lot of shows I was looking forward to seeing on this day. Some did seem quite disappointing for me, but out of taste I'm not going to name names.

One who definitely delivered, and as always, was Diane Von Furstenberg.  Lets face it, there is no one that can combine prints in the beautiful way that she does. Today, I've been working on a dress design for Miso and am experimenting with ideas of prints for the skirt part that will fall in with the SS12 collections. Diane has been my initial point of call for this. I like looking at how she colour blocks prints in unique ways.





Now, ever since my Second Year conceptual fashion project, I have been obsessed with Yohji Yamamoto, which means I was keen to view his Y-3 collection on Sunday.  I can appreciate his Y-3 work because despite it being in a sense sportswear, he really puts his own great touches on it.



I am a big fan of L.A.M.B so I have to include some images from this. Gwen Stefani: what a talented woman. Her clothes are so her.




Amongst the others, there were great collections from Zac Posen and Derek Lam, and even Victoria Beckhams is beginning to grow on me.  After this fashion overload, I will be breaking from blogging tonight and posting up Mondays collections highlights for you tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment