Friday 17 February 2012

New York Fashion Week: Wednesday 15th February

I haven't just been lazy the last couple of days. First of all, I have had Tonsilitis and been off work and second of all, I honestly don't think Monday and Tuesday at New York Fashion Week had anything worth showing. Even on Wednesday, theres only two shows that I liked making me so glad that London is finally here

MARCHESA



Marchesa had a very nineteenth century vibe to it, inspired by the french painting by William Adolphe Bouguereau called A Soul Brought to Heaven according to Style.com. Of course they put on a very elaborate show of Feathers and Embroideries, tulles and silks in rich colours. I thought it was stunning and so much work must have gone into all of the collection. It was refreshing to see this at New York . 

J.MENDEL


J.Mendel focused on a more subtle colour palette this season. These was an inspiration of architecture in the cut out shapes of the dresses, light weight textures and slight structures. I thought it was both casual and elegant at the same time and a perfectly wearable collection 

No comments:

Post a Comment