Saturday 11 February 2012

New York Fashion Week: Thursday 9th February

Fashion week is finally back and kicking off in NYC as always. I love Autumn winter fashion the best because I love all the idea of layering and the darker colours etc. I always want to pick loads to blog about too but theres just far too many to have time to write about. So, from Thursday, I picked three of my favourites to show you

TADASHI SHOJI


I love lace and Tadashi Shoji, who I actually haven't heard of before, did it beautifully. There was like a modern romantic but reintepreted look about it all in colours like black, teal and autumn browns. 

KIMBERLEY OVITZ


I love anything with a rock and roll vibe to it and thats what Kimberley Ovitz always manages to achieve. I fell for the first dress you can see in the pictures instantly, then there was a lot of interesting knitwork, asymmetry and playing with different dye effects. An everyday edgy girl could wear these pieces to an event and still feel like they were being themselves. 

NICHOLAS K


Nicholas K went for this Westernwear theme which I've seen a lot of actually in the menswear side at work so it was refreshing to see it translated into womenswear. The leather pieces were stunning, particularly the uniquely shaped jackets in brown leather. Then there was also a lot of work of dye effects to with grungy tie dying. The cowboy hats may have been a bit too far I thought for styling, but the whole collection was wearable and worked well 

No comments:

Post a Comment