Tuesday 21 February 2012

London Fashion Week: Monday 20th February

To be honest, I was quite disappointed overall. I think I expected some really great things from certain brands and felt like they didnt deliver. I was finding collections had maybe 5 pieces I was in love with but then the rest of it fell flat to me. This is the best of what I saw from Monday.

GILES

Giles Deacon brought us this kind of fairytale mixed with a nightmare collection; as if someones fantasy was being burned down. It was romantic and macabre as put by style.com which I think best describes it. There was this sense of enchantment but on a more twisted level. I love the way he played with textiles here and the way dresses were put together as if thrown together piece at a time. This collection was one that stood out to me the most. 

BURBERRY 

At my first glance of Burberry, I wasn't that intrigued. But then I went through the whole collection in detail and noticed some really beautiful stuff. I was as usual impressed with the innovation in coat shapes that Burberry is famous for and the idea of mixing urban and rural together. Structures were kept interesting but I do feel this was disappointing compared to what Burberry have shown us before. 


PETER PILOTTO

Peter Pilotto was very true to  signature here. My only criticism was it was so so similar to what I saw in SS12 from him. Not that thats an entirely bad thing. Pilotto develops amazing dress structures and is a master with print and embellishment and here was no exception 


 MARK FAST

I was disappointed that Fasts signature embellishment was very limited here and instead, the collection felt very comfortable and realistic. His knitwear was great of course, some really fantastic and interesting shapes in there but I craved the more elaborate and stunning looks Im use to seeing from Fast


 ERDEM

To be honest, not my favourite from Erdem. Their last two shows before this have been breathtaking and this just didn't draw me in this time. However, they still deserve to be acknowledged because they did have a few great pieces in there. There was a darker and more artistic feel to this collection compared to usual. It used strange combinations such as latex and lace together to create Erdems definition of a strong woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment