Saturday 1 October 2011

Paris Fashion Week: Thursday 29th September

The show that they were all raving about on Thursday in Paris was the Balenciaga show. I think this was because it was pretty much the most unexpected collection ever. There seemed to be a mass array of bright blocky prints, unusual structures and a sporty influence. The first time I looked at this collection, I wasn't that amazed but looking back on it, you can clearly see the talent. A good designer is versatile and shocks you everytime with Balenciaga definitely managed to achieve




One of my favourites of the day was Balmain. It was the contrast between casuals and evening wear that made it so interesting. Shirts would be teamed with gold metallic skirts or elaborate European Renaissance inspired designs on tops with skinny high waisted leather trousers. To me, this made it more sassy and edgy. I couldn't really fault it.




Rick Owens wasn't much different to how Rick Owens usually is but I've always admired him. He manages to make simple, minimalistic designs so much more interesting by adding small details like unusual collar draping, or a strange angled sleeve on leather. Anyone can wear Rick Owens and feel relaxed and confident. I like how a splash of burnt orange was added into the middle of this black and white collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment