Sunday 8 January 2012

When bling works...

When thinking about how I was going to tackle my underwater fashion theme in the future, I was thinking about the use of embellishment and how the sea can influence this. Well, where the hell do you start? Firstly, I looked at the armadillo shoes from McQueens Atlantis collection. These show some absolutely stunning ways of blinging something up and these can easily inspire applications to clothing also. Take a look at some of these.





Mark Fast should be really appreciated for the way he embellishes clothing. I never realised how brilliant he was until studying his Girl from Atlantis dress and the collection it came from. He does some beautiful bead and chainwork. I love the way they're draped and made to create pieces that are like clothing made out of jewellery.





Keep getting so excited about designing final collections. I know I can do this. I know I have the skills now to do better than anything I ever did before!

No comments:

Post a Comment