Wednesday 7 December 2011

The Girl from Atlantis

It was of course Alexander McQueen who initiated my fascination following his Plato's Atlantis collection. This was one of my favourites of all time. I have decided my research research topic for my final year portfolio is going to be all about underwater life and the ocean. I'll be looking into mythology and legends such as Atlantis and the Greeks, as well as how underwater creatures and life inspire fashion and issues surrounding water and fashion. Whilst researching, I came across the Vogue Nippon 'The girl from Atlantis'  May 2010 shoot by Solve Sundsbo and was immediately in love. It combined McQueens ideas with other designers in such a beautiful and creative way to create this eco-futuristic Atlantis inspired look.  This is exactly the key theme I was aiming for just because its so stunning and interesting. 



Miu Miu


Emilio Pucci and Alexander McQueen 


Versace


Balmain 


Givenchy


Prada


Alexander McQueen


Julien McDonald


Mark Fast


If I could design half aswell as these designers have in my final project, I'd be an extremely happy woman. This is just one take on the oceanic theme, but I'm starting to discover so many different ideas in my exploration. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment