Friday 17 June 2011

Work placement (Republic)

I am really enjoying my placement with Republic and learning so much already. The atmosphere there is so laid back and relaxed that it makes it work actually something to look forward to.
I am working as in the design studio as you already know, and for the first two days I was working alongside one of the designers in the menswear department. She basically drew up her flats of her designs and then I coloured them, added texture and shaded them on illustrator and photoshop. Learning to texture and shade was the first skill I learnt this week which helps flats to look more realistic. This will be so helpful in my final portfolio next year.
Better than that, today I was allowed to work alongside one of the womenswear designers of the 'Crafted' brand. My task was to research a new slogan for one of the tee's like the ones you can see below that already exist.

I don't know if I'm allowed to reveal the slogan name and design but hopefully I shall see the tee in the shop in an upcoming season. I'm hoping I get loads more tasks like this to do and maybe in later months I can even work up to hopefully them letting me create some of my own designs. I also get a 50% discount off Republics brands and 33% of their other brands which will come in very handy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment